10 reasons going to the hairdressers is exactly like giving birth (from someone who’s done both, lots).
Mum and I went to the uber-trendy neighbourhood of Seminyak in Bali yesterday to have our first hair appointment in SIX MONTHS. Going to a new hairdresser is terrifying, right? We’ve both had the same fab hairdresser for over 15 years so were pretty nervous, but were in great hands with Dario from Toni & Guy (phew). As I was sitting in the chair I realised that going to the hairdresser and giving birth actually bring up similar feelings- here are 10 reasons why getting your hair done and having a baby are basically the same.
1. You spend the days beforehand super excited about the new beautiful creation that is about to born. You know you’re going to look at it a lot and love it as something new and fabulous comes into the world.
2. Random people bring you glasses of water and cups of tea which you probably won’t drink.
3. There is The Fear. This is especially true with a first baby or new hairdressers, and I’m not joking when I say I’m not sure which experience I’d rather go through. You have no idea of how to act, what to do and what you’re coming out of the salon/hospital with.
4. A lot of strangers wander around with ominous-looking implements saying technical things and make you wear gowns and get into awkward positions that you’d never do normally.
5. You at the complete mercy of everyone. If the hairstylist/midwife tells you to stand up, sit down, stand on your head, you do it. You don’t want them to snip the wrong bit, after all.
6. When it’s over you are super happy with the new creation and spend the next indefinite period of time staring at it in beauteous wonder.
7. It always costs more than you expect it to.
8. Once it’s done there’s no going back (mwahaha).
9. When it’s over it takes you a while to completely forget how bad it was, and you do it all over again.
10. It’s always worth it.
Just FYI if anyone wants a good hairdresser in Bali, Mum and I can thoroughly recommend Toni & Guy in Seminyak. This has
maybe a bit absolutely nothing to do with the gorgeous tattoed Italian who did our hair.
For more of our Bali adventures, click here.
If you enjoyed this post please do share it with your Facebook friends!
Thank you for reading! X