UK Homeschooling Blog Posts
Hi friends! Please browse our library of UK homeschooling blog posts – we have always homeschooled (our kids have never been to nursery or school) and we LOVE it! If you like these posts you might also like our articles on gentle, positive parenting.
Homeschooling Timetable During Coronavirus
This is a bespoke timetable that myself and a friend (who is also a qualified teacher and homeschooling Mum of 4) have put together specifically for parents and carers of primary children during the Coronavirus outbreak. All of the activities are filled in and explained and it is gentle, fun and engaging. There is a new one released each week (for FREE!) and we have just released the BUMPER Easter Crafts & Activities for Kids Bundle (with optional timetable)! For the previous week’s activities and timetable, see week 1 of the Curious Little Monkeys series below.
Homeschool Activities (Primary age)
- ‘Curious Little Monkeys’ Series Week 1: 7 Brilliant & Easy Homeschooling Activities (plus timetable)
- ‘Curious Little Monkeys’ Series Launch Week: 10 Easy & Brilliant Homeschooling Activities
- 15 Ways To Keep Kids Physically Active (Even Indoors!)
- 28 Brilliant Maths Games For KS1 Homeschool Children
- 20 Spooktacular Halloween STEM Activities for Kids!
- 10 Inspiring & Educational Documentaries for Kids
Frequently Asked Questions
- ANSWERED: The Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Homeschooling
- What Qualifications Do You Need To Homeschool in the UK?
- Can You Homeschool In The UK 100% Legally?
- How Do Homeschooled Kids Socialise? 4 Surprising Facts About Homeschooling Social Issues
- Does the Council Have To Check Homeschoolers?
Before You Start Homeschooling
- 40 Amazing Advantages of Homeschooling
- Your Child Hates School? It’s OK- Here’s Why.
- 5 Terrible Reasons to Homeschool in the UK
- How To Homeschool: The Complete Beginners’ Guide
- 10 Things You Need To Consider Before Homeschooling Your Child
- 6 Surprising Facts About Homeschooling in UK
- The Quick + Easy Guide to Homeschooling UK Law
Homeschool Resources & Curriculum Tips
- 6 Types of Homeschooling Curriculum + How To Choose One
- 100+ Brilliant Resources for Homeschooling in the UK (many are FREE!)
- Best Dyslexia Resources For Homeschool Children
- 25 Amazing Feminist Kids’ Books About Incredible Women
- How To Organise A Homeschool Room (plus my favourite educational resources for getting started)
- The 5 Top Homeschool Curriculums For Reception (Kindergarten)
- Do Homeschooled Children take GCSEs and A Levels (& how?)
- How To Strew: The Ultimate Boredom Busting Secret For Kids That Requires NO Prep!
- 8 Ways To Incorporate Spirituality In Your Homeschool
- Internet Safety for Kids: A 5 Minute Guide For Parents
Homeschooling & Finances
- How Much Does it Cost to Homeschool (plus the EXACT amount we spend per month)
- Can You Homeschool While On Benefits / Tax Credits?
- Can You Homeschool & Work Full Time?
- How To Find The Best UK Homeschooling Support Groups
- 10 Things You Need To Homeschool (EVERY one is FREE!)
- 6 Ways To Get Dads Involved In Homeschooling (or involved with the kids in general!)
- TV Shows & Books That Feature Homeschooled Characters (& help normalise homeschooling)
- How We Get ‘Couple Time’ As Homeschooling Parents
- What is Unschooling?
- Everything My Children Learned In One Unschooling Day (it’s a LOT!)
- 5 Reasons To Chill Out About Children’s ‘Milestones’
- Homeschooling in Bali
- Homeschooling in Sri Lanka
- How To Homeschool While Travelling
- When Should Kids Learn To Read?
Behavioural Tips & Support
- 14 Ways To Help Children Deal With Peer Pressure
- 10 Gentle Tips For Helping Children Sleep Happily
- 6 Alternatives To Forced Apologies for Children
- Assuming Positive Intent: How This Transformed Our Parent-Child Relationship
- 10 Brilliant Books on Gentle Parenting (from stressed to serene!)
- 5 Things We Do Instead of Punishing Our Kids
- 9 Ways To Help Your Child Stay Calm at Easter/Christmas/ Big Events
- 8 Ways To Diffuse ‘Temper Tantrums’
- 5-Minute Introduction To Using Love Languages With Your Kids
- 25 Ways To Show Your Child Love Using ‘Love Languages’
- Why Our Family Has NO Rules (and what we DO have instead!)